Ilker Hacihaliloglu is the director of the Computer Assisted Surgery and Therapy Laboratory (CompAST), a Rutgers University multidisciplinary research laboratory focusing on developing image guided surgical systems.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) - Industrial Research and Development Fellowship
- Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems (MITACS) - NCE Strategic Post-doctoral Scholarship
The long term goal/mission of the Computer Assisted Surgery and Therapy (CompAST) laboratory is to develop state of the art image guided surgery systems that incorporate innovative computer and machine interface technologies into surgical procedures, augmenting surgeons capabilities to achieve improved outcomes.
The main goals we are aiming to achieve are:
1- Improve surgical accuracy and functional outcome
2- Reduce costs (Surgical and Hospitalization)
3- Promote new technology in image guided surgery and therapy
4- Provide innovative technological solutions for understanding, treatment and monitoring of disease
- E.M. Abu Anas, A. Seitel, A. Rasoulian, P. St. John, D. Pichora, K. Darras, D. Wilson, V. A. Lessoway, I. Hacihaliloglu, P. Mousavi, R. Rohling, P. Abolmaesumi. Bone enhancement in ultrasound using local spectrum variations for guiding percutaneous scaphoid fracture fixation procedures. International Conference on Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions (IPCAI), Barcelona, Spain, June 24, 2015.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, P. Guy, A.J. Hodgson, R. Abugharbieh. "Automatic Extraction of Bone Surfaces from 3D Ultrasound Images in Orthopaedic Trauma Cases", International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, January 2015.
- E.M Abu Anas, A. R., P. St. John, D. Pichora, P. Mousavi, V.Lessoway, A. Seitel, I. Hacihaliloglu, R. Rohling,P. Abolmaesumi. "Scaphoid Fracture Fixation: Localization of bones through Statistical Model to Ultrasound Registration", SPIE Medical Imaging, 2015, Orlando, FL, USA.
- S. Ghafurian , I. Hacihaliloglu, D.N. Metaxas, V. Tand, K. Li. "3D/2D Image Registration Using Weighted Histogram of Gradient Directions", SPIE Medical Imaging, 2015, Orlando, FL, USA.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, A. Rasoulian, P. Abolmaesumi, R.N. Rohling. "Local Phase Tensor Features for 3D Ultrasound to Statistical Shape+Pose Spine Model Registration", IEEE Transaction on Medical Imaging (TMI), June, 2014.
- L.L. Buchan, J.C. Doucette, I. Hacihaliloglu, R.E. Ellis, M.K. Gilbart, D.R. Wilson, '3D Ultrasound-Guided Femoroacetabular Impingement Surgery: A Cadaver Study', Meeting of the International Society for Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS), June 18-21, 2014, Milan, Italy, [Oral presentation].
- L.L. Buchan, I. Hacihaliloglu, R.E. Ellis, M.K. Gilbart, D.R. Wilson, “3D Ultrasound for Accurate Guidance of Arthroscopic Femoroacetabular Impingement Osteoplasty: a phantom model validation study”, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British Version), 96-B (SUPP 16), 2014.
- S. Nagpal, P. Abolmaesumi, A. Rasoulian, T. Ungi, I. Hacihaliloglu, J. Osborn, D. Borschneck, V. Lessoway, R.N. Rohling, P. Mousavi. "CT to US Registration of the Lumbar Spine: A Clinical Feasibility Study", International Conference on Information Processing in Computer-Assisted Interventions (IPCAI 2014), Volume 8498, 2014, pp 108-117.
- S. Nagpal, I. Hacihaliloglu, T. Ungi, A.Rasoulian, D.P. Borschneck, P. Abolmaesumi, P. Mousavi."CT to US Registration of Lumbar Spine: A Clinical Feasibility Study", SPIE Medical Imaging (MI) 2014, San Diego, CA, USA, 2014.
- L.L. Buchan, I. Hacihaliloglu, R.E. Ellis, M.K. Gilbart, D.R. Wilson, “3D Ultrasound for Accurate Guidance of Arthroscopic Femoroacetabular Impingement Osteoplasty: a phantom model validation study”, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British Version), 2014, In Press.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, P. Guy, A.J. Hodgson, ,R. Abugharbieh. "Volume-Specific Parameter Optimization of 3D Local Phase Features for Improved Extraction of Bone Surfaces in Ultrasound", International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assissted Surgery, October, 2013.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, A. Rasoulian, R. N. Rohling, P. Abolmaesumi. "Statistical Shape Model to 3D Ultrasound Registration for Spine Interventions Using Enhanced Local Phase Features", Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), Nagoya-Japan,Volume 8150, 2013, pp 361-368.
- I. Hacihaliloglu, A. Brounstein, P. Guy, A.Hodgson, R. Abugharbieh. "3D Ultrasound-CT Registration in Orthopaedic Trauma Using GMM Registration with Optimized Particle Simulation-Based Data Reduction". Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), Nice-France, Oct 2012, 7511, pp.82-89.